Friday 26 October 2007

More French notes

Phew! at last the heats off as Hassina has been paid. She is smiling at me again! However, if we want to continue with French language classes we need to think of ways to fund it. So I am asking all of you out there, students as well as learning reps, to think about ways of making it happen. Be creative and try to think about it from another angle (I hate "outside the box" don't you?) because we need to come up with a good scam! On a lighter note, but continuing with the French theme, I went to see another french film last weekend - La Vie En Rose - which is a biopic of the life of Edith Piaf - the little sparrow. A rather sanitised version I feel, (No mention of the war years!) but a belting performance from the lead. In french with subtitles but I found some of it fairly understandable. Well worth a look.

1 comment:

Kendal May said...

Oh, and there was me thinking that Hassina was teaching the students through the love of helping such wonderful members at the Red Star Centre! What a shame..

It's rather a difficult question on how to fund the French lessons, as the money ultimately has to come from the students themselves, yet we don't want to discourage the learners or make it unaffordable.

I'm sure someone has some ideas, otherwise I feel a Forum Brainstorm session coming on?

For those of us who are wondering who Edith Piaf is, trying going to video.google.co.uk and doing a search for La Vie En Rose

I'm cultured, me! (Yeah, right..)